Hose question... 85 horse Johnson.....

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer
What type of hose should I use. Between the head and lower unit, 1978 85hp johnson, they are old and need replacing, but there are no visible markings on them, also what should I secure them with? One has a set of zipties, one has a set of worm gear screw fasteners... Any ideas would be helpful.... Thanks!

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hose question... 85 horse Johnson.....

You need factory hoses, as they are formed special for that application. Check the factory parts list at epc.brp.com. That parts breakdown will show the part numbers you need. A Bombardier dealer will have special plastic clamps 324825 which will work on those hoses.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Or, you can try your luck at a good auto parts store. Look through their thermostat bypass hoses for something you can cut a section out of. The one with a single bend should be easy, the one with an S curve might be more of a challenge. One thing for sure, straight heater hose won't work.

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer

yea, single bend, kinda seems like a PITA to replace these, heck I need a T neck tie in for the water pressure gauge too, hmmm... Gonna have to look around, thanks guys!

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Actually, replacement of these hoses is pretty straightforward and easy.

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer

Actually, replacement of these hoses is pretty straightforward and easy.

Err I guess I meant to say "finding them is a PITA" they sure do look easy to replace after I find them :) thanks...

Auxlarry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Should be:

0321724 HOSE, Cylinder head, stbd - New Part # 340975 - Iboats price $10.31 each
0321723 HOSE, Cylinder head, port - New Part # 340976 - Iboats price $8.91 each