Annoying chevy advertisement!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr150

Seaman
Iboats...you need to chill out with the annoying chevy ad that doesn't let you close for 5-minutes. I enjoy the website, but I would suggest allowing only ads that are more user friendly.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Annoying chevy advertisement!!!!

I agree it's annoying, but, I can close it instantly by hitting the little X in the upper right corner of the ad. It's not that annoying where I want to leave the forum......:confused:

Nandy

Commander

If it is the same ad I think it is it does have a close button. I find it annoying too even thought it can be closed. There should be a cookie so once you see it once it don't popup again. I predict this thread will be closed soon to.

gsxr150

Seaman

I like the forum, and the people are helpful. It's only that ad I found annoying. Eventually the "x" comes up so you can close it out, but not before you watch the video three times. No reason for them to censor my feedback...

j_martin

Admiral

The thing sometimes wigs out, and I can't do anything with it but leave. Most of the time I can just x it down.

Nandy

Commander

I do most of my browsing with my blackberry and that ad can't be close as it goes past the scroll section. I'm doing most of my visit to this site from my pc now so I can avoid that frustration.

dabro

Recruit

:mad:I agree, that's the most annoying ad on any site I regularly visit.

Redneck_Randy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Add Block Plus for Firefox blocks it from loading.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I agree it's annoying, but, I can close it instantly by hitting the little X in the upper right corner of the ad. It's not that annoying where I want to leave the forum......:confused:
My screen must not be big enough to see the little X. It's just a minor annoyance though and eventually it goes away.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yes..let's get rid of the ad!
Simply turn this into a subscription fee based site!
I think $25.00 a year will do.

No????
quityercrying over an ad.

dccordell

Chief Petty Officer

iBoats gotta pay the bills I suppose... I just hope they won't start putting the ad in the MIDDLE of the screen like some sites are starting to do... that is truly annoying because you can't ignore it, you have to click it or close it before you can even see the site!! I know some people would pay for iBoats subscription (inc. myself) but I think most folks can deal with the ad... hit the X and it's gone. That adblocker sounds pretty interesting though! :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I love that ad, and I am a dyed in the wool FORD man.:D

I get such satisfaction in clicking on the "X" and seeing it disappear.:p

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm with JB on this one, I have always owned Fords with the exception of one Dodge. I liked the Dodge but hated their customer service in the area so I went back to Ford. I do love clicking that X on the Government Motors ad.

j_martin

Admiral

JB, at what point does an ad get so annoying that it is counterproductive?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It depends, j_m. If you are trying to operate on iboats with a device that is unable or incorrectly set up to find and click on an X you are just out of luck.

The number of whines in this thread indicates that the infamous Chebby ad has not reached that point.

At what point does group whining about a free service (gift horse) get annoying?? I think we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.