First Boat Restoration by Jayson Manuel

Techwarrior

Recruit
This is my first boat restoration that i have ever worked on. I will need your help fellow peers of iboat forum. I am new to this and would need alot of input on fully restoring this vintage boat that was giVen to me by my Dad. We have had this boat for awhile now but everytime i looked at it I just had to restore it. It reminds me of a classic that i have always wanted to restore. This will not be a restoration for sale but to keep for me and my wife for life. I look forward to all the professional input you will give on this project. I do not know who the maker of the boat is and what model it is so I will post some pictures and please help me with the search. Thank you again.

IMG_0609.jpgIMG_0614.jpgIMG_0610.jpgIMG_0611.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: First Boat Restoration by Jayson Manuel

Welcome to iBoats!

That is a CLASSIC looking boat. You might want to post a pic of it on www.Fiberglassics.com. Those guys should be able to tell you what it is if anybody can. I have a 1961 Lonestar Flamingo that I am restoring for my Family HEIRLOOM too! Will be glad to help you any way I can.

Techwarrior

Recruit

Thanks for the reply, My name is Jayson currently in Las Vegas, NV. I took out the side rails thT hold the top and hull together, next I will start pulling off the windshield and the the rest of the lines and accessories on the front of the boat...I appreciate you helping out...my wife and I are excited with this restore...your Flamingo is sweet, i wished I found something that looked as clean as yours...looking forward to seeing your build also...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I'm kinda slow, being a Grandpa keeps me busy, and my health has slowed me down some but am hoping to pick up the pace a little and maybe get her wet by the end of this summer.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Welcome, Jayson. That's a sharp looking boat you have there, with a great paint design. I can't help you much with any fiberglass work or the like, but will chime in if I think I can help with anything. Good luck from one of the slowest guys on the forum (2+ years and counting!). You should have a real nice craft when you get finished.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Hello Techwarrior and welcome to Iboats :) ..

Nice looker you got there.

Do you want to do a full blown resto ( Deck/Stringers/Trans/Paint etc ) ?

I can start with a few pointers cosmetically for now...

The dash panel can be done in some cool looking wood or marble(ish) formica sold at H. Depot .

Flexible U-channel can be picked up readily online for the deck trim ( Or I can find a dealer for Stainless u-channel that mounts with pop rivets ).

The Deck Paint...hmm.. I think I would try to break the paint scheme up so it shows that body line. Non skid panels on the upper fordeck area :) .

Do all the prep work and have it professionally painted with 4 coats Awcraft 2000 ;) .You can sand and buff it out to a mirror. ( or you can spray it yourself if you have a place to spray ).

Do you have specific questions about your restore ?

YD.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

OH..and Me thinks its an older 60's Larson build :) ..

YD.