Shine the top hull ??

Russell48

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey all, I just got me a good solid Bass boat, It's a 1988 17ft Laser fiberglass hull, The paint is dull on the top hull of the boat which don't have any shine to it, I put a lil 3 in 1 oil in one spot an it shined up good,lol, I was wondering if anybody can tell me if I could get anything that I can spray or rub on the boat to get er to shine again an say that way for a while of if this is something that I have to take to a shop to get done, I mainly use my Pontoon but never mess with a fiberglass boat to much, Well Thanks for any help I can get,,

bnicov

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Shine the top hull ??

3M Rubbing Compound, follow directions and then wax it with some decent quality wax. She'll look nice with some elbow grease.

Russell48

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey that would be great, An thanks I will try to find it an see what it dose, Auto parts store or Lowes have the 3M Rubbing compound??

chadderkdawg

Cadet

Your preferred auto parts store will have it in the polish/wax/window cleaner/California duster area. Before and after pics ftw!

Russell48

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok thanks, My boat is in the shop getting all the elc. parts replace on the motor so soon as I get er back then I will take pic before an after an try to get em on here,, Thanks again,,