fuel problem

pretty in red

Recruit
I have a 98 Crownline with 5.7 Volvo Penta. I checked my fuel lines and filter replaced but not geting fuel. So I tested the first pump seems to be running but not getting any fuel to the new filter should I fill the line and filter for prime with fuel? And I am not sure what the other pump towards the back is for either. I am pretty mechanically savey but not so much on the marine side, any suggestions thanks.

CobiaXL

Banned
Re: fuel problem

I have a 98 Crownline with 5.7 Volvo Penta. I checked my fuel lines and filter replaced but not geting fuel. So I tested the first pump seems to be running but not getting any fuel to the new filter should I fill the line and filter for prime with fuel? And I am not sure what the other pump towards the back is for either. I am pretty mechanically savey but not so much on the marine side, any suggestions thanks.

Check the pickup tube in tank,might have screen in it with crude.Not sure if your pump is mechanical but if so check the filter in there too.No need to prime pump.

pretty in red

Recruit

The pump is electric. I have suck fuel from the line and doesnt seem to be cloged. When i benched tested the pump it would pull a suction on your finger. But there seems to be another pump on the back by the distributor, and someone had mentioned some kind of moisture seperator not sure. But if that is the case wonder if that pump not working is suppose to help with the pump on top of the filter?

CobiaXL

Banned

Im not familiar with your setup but sounds like a water/separator filter.At the very least turn it off and investigate.Pour remaining fuel from separator into glass jar and inspect for water while your at it.