58 evinrude lark 35 hp lower unit removal and where does it pee from

key west 305

Recruit
can some please tell me how to remove the lower unit ? its not peeing but i was told it might come out buy the propeller can you help PLEASE ! and THANK YOU !

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: 58 evinrude lark 35 hp lower unit removal and where does it pee from

It should pee right out the exhaust relief hole just below the rear shroud. Did you remove the t-stat to make sure it was not pumping? Also, did you have the lower unit deep enough in the water too? A couple things to check before you pull 'er down.

If that doesn't give you the results you need, come on back now, you hear? :D

Welcome to iBoats

Scubaproh20

Seaman

Propco is the only company I know of that makes e new prop for ya. Pin drives are hard to find and its hard to get a good repair for the price of a new one from them. Only thing is their website is terribly outdated. goodluck

Scubaproh20

Seaman

sorry moment of dislexia i thought you also wanted to know were to get a prop lol

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Naahhhh, he just wanted to know where it pees. :D:D

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Those old motors did not have thru hub exhaust like the newer ones, they also did not have the telltale or peehole.

If you look above the prop there is a tube thing that hangs down like the direction tab on the back side of the cavitation plate. It has a screen in the front of it for a water pickup and the back has a hole that is prolly black that ges out behind the prop if going foward. Some exause comes out here. It will also have 2 holes on the midsection on the rear of the motor, like said before the exhaust releif holes water and exhaust will just dump out these holes as well as the other i mentioned.

Just paid attention to the year this may not be entirely correct. It is for the 60s and 70s vintage that did not have teltales, i have no idea on that old.