Storage Compartments - 1999 Sea Ray 180 O/B

mgmidget72

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi All,

With all the different storage compartments available, just wondering what you typically put where. I.E. - the 3 lockers up front, shelves along both sides, under back-to-backs (I have the standard layout), ski locker, under the rear bench, etc...

It also looks like there's considerable room up under the glove box and dashboard. Anyone store anything particular there?

I washed my boat for the first time yesterday (just bought it in March), and noticed that the 3 forward lockers don't really drain. Is this the case, or is something blocked? If it is the case that they don't drain, what do you do about getting water in them?

Thanks,
Scott

nlain

Commander
Re: Storage Compartments - 1999 Sea Ray 180 O/B

All of the storage should drain, the bow storage under the seats should have a hole in the lowest rear corner, if they are carpeted you may not see the hole easily. If there is a drain problem then the drain is plugged and you will need to clean it out.

mgmidget72

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks nlain!

Has anyone with this model removed the carpet in the bow lockers? I'm not really to thrilled about having carpet in them anyway. The seem like the obvious place for anchors and dock lines, but I don't want to put wet lines in there and have the carpet soak up all the water.

Thanks,
Scott

mgmidget72

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As a follow-up about the drains - I emailed Sea Ray customer support about this, and they said that on this model, that the forward compartments do not drain. I'll just have to keep a big sponge handy if they get water in them.