Fuel tank access Chris Craft

bbracken

Seaman Apprentice
Boat is 1993 Chris Craft 19 ft. with 5.0L OMC Cobra

I want to replace the level transmitter in the fuel tank. There is what appears to be a hatch over the fuel tank. There are no screws or latches. I tried to pry it up with a couple of large screwdrivers, but could only get it up maybe 1/4". I can only get at the corners. Seats are in the way of sides.

Am I missing something? Is there a trick to this, or do I just use brute force with pry bars?

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fuel tank access Chris Craft

I know our boats are different but my access panel unscrews.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

Mine too. It's a round access panel near where the table base is. Can't imagine the seats would get in the way. Better double check what you're prying one. Open the engine hatch and take a look back up towards the bow with a flashlight.

CCman1

Cadet

Hi, I came across your question and I was hoping you might have gotten a answer? I also have a 1993 Chris Craft Concept. I need to get at the gas tank to replace the gas lines coming from the tank. I, like you tried to lift the panel but it is affixed some how and I can't figure out how? My floors are carpeted and I do not see any screws. Did you ever figure out how to remove this floor panel?