Johnson starter switch

MAILMAN44094

Cadet
I just installed a new starter switch. Every thing seamed fine but the engine will not start. Double checked that it was wired correctly. 75elr79 Johnson. The fuse blew, replaced that and still not starting. The motor has spark but will not fire.

MAILMAN44094

Cadet
Re: Johnson starter switch

Almost sure its getting gas, Tank hooked up bulb was squeezed.
Motor was running fine up to now. The only reason I had to put a new switch in was my nephew lost the key for it (been meaning to have another one made for 5 years but didn't) Mind farts.

Monte1961

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Pull the plugs and see if there wet with fuel! Post back and let us know! you might want to squirt some fuel mix in to the carb and see if it fires!

MAILMAN44094

Cadet

Getting dark here in Ohio. Goning to wrap it up for the night. But will be at it right after work Wed. Thank you for your imput. Will check in after work.
Thanks again. Tim

Monte1961

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok tim look forward from hearing how you make out!

MAILMAN44094

Cadet

Some how the fuel line got put on backwards(kids letting it run out of gas to shut it down, than switching tanks when they got home). Put it on the correct way and it fired right up. Your post " is it getting fuel" got me thinking, checked the arrow and it was pointing the wrong way. Took me all of 2min to start it up. THANK YOU
TIM

Monte1961

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Glad to see we could help. Three things you will always need. Air/fuel/spark. With one missing, engine will not run! Post back if you need more help, thats what were here for!