Carb question

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, this might be a dummy question, but here goes. My engine has 3 carbs, one has issues. Is it going to hamper performance to just rebuild the one or should I do all 3?

red

etracer68

Ensign
Re: Carb question

I kind of look at it like this, as long as you have to do one, might as well do them all. I just bought two carb kits, and they were delivered for less then $35.00. Yes it will take longer time to do all three, but you might find something, that could give you a problem later.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Why quit when you were just about to get good at it? :p

robert graham

Admiral

If it's just that one bad float needle then replace it and be done, save your rebuild kits for later.

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

I'd go ahead and rebuild all three at the same time. That way each one is on the same playing field.

sw33ttooth

Chief Petty Officer

If it's just that one bad float needle then replace it and be done, save your rebuild kits for late.
i dont agree, 1 carb may be giving you troubles but they all go through the same abuse taking the same gas and ect.. chances are if the other 2 were done at the same time then they may not be just "As" bad but are pretty close and you'll just have another problem next month.