Yamaha f200 buzzer

dbaide

Recruit
I have a '09 F200. Lately, when I turn the key on the buzzer beeps. It stops when I put the boat in gear. Any ideas??

jumbo_crab

Recruit
Re: Yamaha f200 buzzer

the fuel filter on the motor is likely sending a water detected signal. mine did this right when i first purchased it in 2009. i was still before the 20 hr maintenance. brought it to the shop and they changed out the filter and good to go. i always made a point to put "real" gas in my tanks and one day i decided to slip in some E10 because i was in a hurry. well, the alarm did the same thing. beeped while at idle. i swiched tanks to regular gas,(i have two seperate tanks on my boat) and it quit. it didn't seem to have any effect on the motor and a quick call to the service tech said everything should be ok as long as nothing was overheating or apparently wrong. since the second episode, i've long since run that E10 gas out and have never put it in my tank again. the alarm has never come on again. oh, the original tank of gas, was filled by the dealer i purchased the motor from. i highly suspect they used E10 gas when they fueled up by the station closest to the dealer. at any rate, at the least, start using real gas if your not and at the most, change the fuel filter. both are easy fixes and you should be able to do it in no time. by the way, i think it's the same fuel filter they use on F150's cause i'm pretty sure my dealer pulled one from a F150 motor to replace mine. hope it's the same prob i had because the fix is easy. UNTIL, we run out of places to by real gas.