1957 10 HP evinrude sportwin carb settings?

Niagara Mike

Cadet
I was wondering if anyone had the carb settings for the high and low speed adjustments.

also the little screw on the side of the carb?

how many turns? no hurry as im waiting on my filter bowl in the mail.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

levi_tsk

Ensign
Re: 1957 10 HP evinrude sportwin carb settings?

1 1/2 turns from GENTLY seated on the high and low speed set them out on the water by turning them in 1/8th of a turn at a time make sure these hole are clean :
here:
IMG0048-1.jpg

and here:
IMG0047-1.jpg

Niagara Mike

Cadet

thanks dude, pics are a huge help, what about the little screw on the left side?

levi_tsk

Ensign

let me go look at my '56 fastwin im not sure what screw you speak of... but the carbs are basically the same so...

levi_tsk

Ensign

is it the tiny one on the bottom of the bowl right where the high speed jet screws in? make sure you blow that out really good too because it feeds up into the carbs emulsion ports(the ones in the pics) and from there the emulsified fuel goes into the high, low, and intermediate ports on the top of the carb (theyre under the core plug) and make sure that screw is tight - put a little nail polish on the threads to seal it

Niagara Mike

Cadet

I think my carb is different, Ill post pics asap as im not seeing these holes....

levi_tsk

Ensign

yeah they might not be there on a 57 but post up pics of both sides so i can see em do the float bowl too

Niagara Mike

Cadet

as you can see the bowl is a pop lid until mine comes in the mail...i just didnt was gas to drip all over the place, I broke my glass bowl today....got a new one coming..

thanks for the help BTW

levi_tsk

Ensign

looks like the "newer" carbs have a bleeder valve (the little ball bearings behind the choke linkage)
and yours has the lead shot either missing or the screw is missing (there should be a new one in your carb kit ) if not you can use a small lead split shot (one of the crimp on fishing sinkers) i had to do this because my lead shot was AWOL too

wheres the screw your talking about?

Niagara Mike

Cadet

Picture.jpg

it comes off the bottom adjustment..had to take another pic.

levi_tsk

Ensign

one of them is behind the choke linkage in that pic above and youll have to remove that linkage to blow that hole out and pay close attention to how it came apart because its a PITA to get back together and itll go back in about three different ways and only one of them is right :D

levi_tsk

Ensign

no problem
your welcome man
if any of those holes are clogged itll run like garbage and youll chase around trying to find out WTF is going on

i LOVE the bottle cap on the float bowl lol!! i broke mine getting it off ... those damn things are hard to find !! and usually expensive when you find em how much was yours?

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

The high speed sets at 3/4 of a turn out and the low speed sets at 1 1/2 turns out. That cute little brass screw on the bottom, is a drain plug, so you can drain the bowl when you are going to winterize your motor.