Air Conditioner

edu01jose

Seaman
So I ended up with a 23' wellcraft excel since I got a good deal on it.

I have a baby girl with only 2 years of age and would love to have air conditioning on the cabin for her naps.

Any choices for portable air conditioners? There is one that goes on the hatch but it looks bulky and big to me.
I don't mind it being AC powered.

Thanks
-Ed

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Air Conditoner

The hatch A/C is about your only solid choice. It's a little more expensive, but it's not too bulky if you get one of the newer models. It's basically a redesigned window shaker model that also employs a quick release in the event you need to get out of the cabin in an emergency thru the hatch. If $$$ isn't a real issue, you can have a reverse heat/AC installed (raw water cooled) with thru-hull fitting. It's nicer, but you'll drop about $2500-$3000 after parts and install for a 12000 BTU model.

edu01jose

Seaman

Thing is space is the problem with the carry on unit. I would like a smaller one than that one.
I may just make my own with a car radiator, 12v pump and ice box.

Thanks for the info.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

That should look good...:facepalm:

edu01jose

Seaman

That would be the problem :p
I'd love to have a built in one but they seem overly expensive. Maybe some fans would do it for now.

I would appreciate any other recommendations though.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

just get the hatch model..... yeah it's a little bulky, but just leave it in the hatch.... How hard could someone who is hot sweaty and dehydrated actually laugh at your AIR CONDITIONER lol

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

well I personally have not used one but I am 100% certain that if it wasn't already secure I could easily figure out a way to mount it securely without damaging the boat

edu01jose

Seaman

Yeah true. Shouldn't b hard.

I guess that's what I'm going to go with.

I would still have to remove it everyday I use the boat tho. I leave my boat at the marina.
But I guess that's alright since we pretty much are all the day out until night.
Thx!

edu01jose

Seaman

I wouldn't do so, I'll just remove it to be safe. :)
It's not the safest marina out there. I only have it there because of what I pay. I pay less having it on the water than having it on the dry stack. Makes it easier to just hop on the boat and go instead of waiting to having it lowered.

Thanks tough
-Ed