Losing prime

bream

Recruit
I have a 25 EL on a tracker. I've rebuilt carb, replaced fuel lines and bulb, still losing prime. Am I missing something ? Or need to check lines again ? Thanks, I'm lost.

bream

Recruit
Re: Losing prime

i have a built-in tank vent looked good but I ran it with the cap off, same thing. Thanks for the help.

bream

Recruit

Fuel pump is good. Just rebuilt carb. Fuel pump is on carb. Thanks.

j_martin

Admiral

Small leak in the line from the fuel in the tank to the fuel pump. Includes drop pipe in tank, tank fittings, the line, the primer bulb, the engine connection, and all clamped connections.

Start by splicing in a piece of clear hose between the primer bulb and the engine. Look for bubbles there when the engine is running. Shouldn't be any.

Any leak from there to the fuel pump should leak fuel when you squeeze the primer bulb.

hope it helps
John

1nebel0

Chief Petty Officer

Something often over looked...anti siphon valve goes bad...get a portable tank to eliminate that item..good friend just brought over his boat and first thing I did was replace the bulb with a quality one. Next we used a portable tank and that solved the problem...

bream

Recruit

John, thank you much. The only thing I havn't replaced is the drop tube in the tank. I will try that as soon as I get a chance. It was back to work today ( 18 hrs.) Thanks again.