NASCAR Pocono!!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
I got kinda spoiled with all the hockey threads so I figured I would see if anyone was watching Pocono?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: NASCAR Pocono!!

kinda funny seeing Harvick and Busch messing with each other already

I bet NASCAR has speed dial set up to those two teams!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm watching, if it doesn't get rained (or fogged) out. Yesterday the ARCA race got fogged out. Spotters couldn't see the cars :eek: :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

For whatever reason, that's one track I don't watch. Along with the Charlotte 600, that's just too long. And the road courses, leave those to the open wheel guys. I'll take a peak tho as I eat lunch...:) Besides, we hit the mid 70's. Going to spend the afternoon outdoors. Talking rain most of this coming week....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yea, I'm watching as always unless I'm on the water . . . Yes, the Childress/Kyle thing is fun, especially Harvick messing with him. Bummed for the #27, speeding penalty really messed him up. Weird to me how good the #11 is here. Always.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Must not of had a caution yet given the interval times?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I see they just had a debris caution. Imagine that. Cars were getting spread out too far, it was time to bunch them up....

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Cannot let them get to spread out can we!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Well all in all a very clean race! The only Drama being Harvick and Burton playing with Kyle Busch, Kind of boring but its nice to see a well run race every once in awhile

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ho-Hum. NASCAR is soooooo boring. For real excitement you missed the Canadian GP.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

My man too. Even have his 24 and car on my credit card.. :D :D

Then don't watch it. There are hundreds of other channels these days.

I agree, in this day and age, there is always an alternative if you don't want to watch NASCAR, get that remote warmed up!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Well all in all a very clean race! The only Drama being Harvick and Burton playing with Kyle Busch, Kind of boring but its nice to see a well run race every once in awhile

So my boy Burton was roughing up Shrubby? Atta boy, Burton!!!!!!!! Last I saw the #31, he ran out of gas.. He's having a very tough year...... He'll have to score a win or 2 and be in the top 20 if you plans on making the chase......:facepalm:

bassman284

Commander

The Canada GP was one of the most exciting races I've ever seen and I thought Turkey was pretty wild. Button had an incredible drive on a day when several guys had great drives. Lewis a bit of a loose cannon but I suppose you could call that maximum effort. Sometimes a fine line. Maybe he spent too much time with Tony Stewart.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

So my boy Burton was roughing up Shrubby? Atta boy, Burton!!!!!!!! Last I saw the #31, he ran out of gas.. He's having a very tough year...... He'll have to score a win or 2 and be in the top 20 if you plans on making the chase......:facepalm:

Jeff got his shots in before NASCAR told them to knock it off, Harvick was the reason NASCAR got involved though, he was driving Busch to the apron, more then a couple times! it was hilarious!!

I'm happy for Jeff Gordon, I loved hating him while Dale was alive knowing the whole time how much they respected each other, Good to see good people do well!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Jeff got his shots in before NASCAR told them to knock it off, Harvick was the reason NASCAR got involved though, he was driving Busch to the apron, more then a couple times! it was hilarious!!

I'm happy for Jeff Gordon, I loved hating him while Dale was alive knowing the whole time how much they respected each other, Good to see good people do well!

Good! Nothing wrong with staying in Shrubby's head. Although, I think he still finished 2nd or 3rd. I was a Big E fan too. I've mellowed on Gordon throughout the years. I have no problem with him winning now except it's "another" Hendrick win........

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

WIMUSKY, Do you see any Dale Earnhardt in Kyle Busch? I have been a Dale Earnhardt fan since the yellow and blue Wrangler Monte Carlo, if I didn't know any better I think Kyle Busch is Dale Earnhardt's long lost son....

WIMUSKY

Staff member

There has been some talk about it. It appears to me that Kyle has more Earnhardt in him than Jr does. Although, Kyle races a little cleaner than Sr did. But, part of that is due to the cars ever changing configuration and a bunch of tracks have been reworked. Take Bristol for instance. You don't have to do the "bump and run" anymore. Heck, that track has 3 grooves now. I miss the old track....... No question, Kyle has a ton of talent. And he's only somewhere in his early/mid twenties! Kerry's the long lost son. Looks just like Sr, but, didn't get the oportunities that Jr got...

Man, there was something else I was going to say, but I forgot! Maybe it will come to me later.....