Getting to Impeller 91 evinrude 15hp

rybo

Cadet
I'm attempting to look at my impeller for the first time. I know the location of the water pump/impeller, but the problem I'm having is how to "drop" it once you remove the 6 bolts. I've gotten the bolts off, but the unit only wants to drop about an inch or so. Are there any other bolts to remove or screws? I don't want to unscrew the shift rod unless I have to. Maybe, just a little force?

rybo

Cadet
Re: Getting to Impeller 91 evinrude 15hp

Perfect. Thanks. This flat head screw does seem a bit tight that you are referring to.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I usually have to use a 1/4" drive socket to get them loose.

Rick.

Captain

Sometimes you will need to spread the connector a little more open with a flat blade SD when re-installing. Best of luck. Rick.

rybo

Cadet

Thanks guys. I got it off and lowered. And, wouldn't you know it, one of the impeller blades had completely come apart! The reason I took it off is because after my carb rebuild I was in the drive with the muffs on and she refused to pee. I quickly shut her down. Good thing the water pump repair kits are not that expensive. I'm dumping a little money into her now, but she is 20 years old! The updated plastic carb top (my has a hairline crack in it I discovered yesterday) costs around 100, but I know I will need it to keep it running smooth. Thanks all.