Back to back lounge hardware. Anyone know where I can find this (pic included)

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all. I picked up a couple of back to back lounge seats for my tub last fall. One of the two is mounted to a track and the other is not. I'd like to come up with the hardware pictured for the other seat.

I've done a lot of searching the net on retail sites and such and all I could find was a post offering up a set for sale for an excellent price. Unfortunately the post was over 2 years old. I emailed the poster and I am waiting to hear back. It is a long shot but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Longe_seat_hardware_20005.jpg

Who'd have thought these would be so darned difficult to find?

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to get the tub in the water in the next couple of weeks. I have a lot of work to do on my house but I put my foot down with the Mrs. (I asked nicely) that we were going to go boating every other weekend.

Thanks in advance.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Back to back lounge hardware. Anyone know where I can find this (pic included)

Thanks EZ. I don't think those will work for my ap. Close, but I think they're too short.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Back to back lounge hardware. Anyone know where I can find this (pic included)

Well, I just got an email back from the person that posted the hardware for sale. No longer has them. Adding insult to injury he said no one wanted them at the time and he chucked them into the recycle bin. Understandable.

Anyone else seen them or know where I could get them? I don't need the hinges, just the long tracks.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Who was the original MFG?

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I wish I knew the manufacturer. I think that would make the search easier. I asked that of the person that had them for sale and he didn't know. He, as I, purchased them second, third, or fourth hand and not attached to a boat. I got mine from a local boat salvager as-is. I checked with him and he doesn't have anything I can use at current.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I took a good look at the seat with the track on it. The only markings I found on the track was a patent number. Thanks to our good friend Google (I love Google) I was able to come up with the info that Sea-Ray patented the track and rail system for back to back lounge seats in 1989 for use on a 260 and 270 but the specific model was not listed.

From that I went to Sea-Ray's web site and found a similar looking seat in a part manual for a 1989 boat. I called my local dealership and left a voice mail with the seat part number and asked if it is possible to get parts for the seat as opposed to replacing the entire seat. We'll see.

So does anyone have an old Sea-Ray with back to back lounges that are trashed that would be willing to part with the hardware?

SeaRay2389

Cadet

Yes. I have a 89 Sea Ray back to back lounge seat. it is out of my 89 Sea Ray 210 BR. It is complete but the seat part is trashed. You pay shipping from 82901 and the hardware is yours. The base is in good shape if you want it for the same offer. I can post a picture if you wish.