Bought an old Starcraft V Hull aluminum

ammo guy

Cadet
Hello, New Here. I just bought an 14ft Starcraft Aluminum Boat,and Trailer for $200. The guy I bought it from had the seats tore out of it because the wooden benches were rotted away. He bought it for a restoration project but didn't have time for it.
Oh He also threw in a working 20 thrust trolling motor.
This is My second V hull boat. My first I bought new which was a 15ft [If I remember right] Mirrocraft Deep V. I really loved that boat.But I sold that years ago..Big Mistake.. Anyway back to this one. The Guy I bought it from also painted it camouflage. Which I didn't really like but the price was right.
He didn't have any paperwork with it and the ID plate someone has placed a trolling motor on several times so it is hard to read. So I am unsure of the Year it was made.
How do I get a new ID plate? is that even possible?
S7300033600x450.jpg

S7300032600x450.jpg

S7300031600x450.jpg

S7300034600x450.jpg

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bought an old Starcraft V Hull aluminum

Welcome to the forum ammo guy. That's a real nice little tinnie you got there. I would have grabbed that also for $200. Nice find. If it was mine, I'd strip the camo of it, leave the bottom bare and paint the sides. Not sure if NH has a similar procedure but here in PA you can fill out a form with some measurements and the state can provide you with a new data plate.

mccurtis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like the boat. What kind of motor are you going to put on it? - MC

ammo guy

Cadet

I would probably look for a motor between 8 and 10Hp. I had a 9.9 on My old Mirrocraft and I loved that one.