johnson no high speed even with throttle wide open

dpooled

Recruit
the same thing happened last season , i took carbs off and cleaned them , the engine ran great all season , it sat all winter i started it last week , started and ran fine for a week at the lake , then the engine went from ?half throttle to idle even with throttle still at half . starts and runs fine at idle speed but will not accelerate runs just above idle with throtle wide open . this is a 175hpvro

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson no high speed even with throttle wide open

Check ALL your linkage for something broken or fell apart.

dpooled

Recruit

i checked and everything is ok with linkage , last season i took the carbs off disasembled them and cleaned them with carb cleaner and compressed air , i it was acting the same way before i did this , could it be that i left some deposit in one of the bowles and it broke loose and stopped up a high speed jet .

levi_tsk

Ensign

did you properly winterize your motor before you put it up???

dpooled

Recruit

theboat is kept inside , but i didnot drain or run out gas it was left in carbs 6-8 months same as before , iguess i am a slow learner!!!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Take the carbs back off and clean'em again. Next time winterize it properly.

larryg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

best bet might be to buy the rebuild kit for carb when you take apart.make sure you clean the jets good.little piece of fuel line or junk may be blocking it.