Possessed Sea-Doo trailer

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
My sea-doo trailer is possessed! It does a lot of strange things. I'm thinking it might be easier to simply rewire the whole thing rather than try to figure them out. Let me know what you think. I'm not scared of wiring I just don't know much about it! Just a quick note, I've replaced all the bulbs on the trailer as a starter. Here's what it is doing:

With the headlights OFF:

When I turn on the left signal, ALL of the lights on the entire trailer blink
When I turn on the right signal it works fine

With the headlights ON:

When I turn on the left signal, ALL of the lights on the trailer are solid
When I turn on the right signal it works fine

It obviously sounds like something on the left side. Give me an idea where to start and i'll work on it a bit tonight. Thanks

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Possessed Sea-Doo trailer

Boy, this subject (or at least the answer) gets beat to death :D

Check all ground points. All must be shiny, metal-to-metal contact, no paint, rust, or boogers. Make sure you have a good solid ground back to the tow vehicle.\

A bad ground will make the lights to all kinds of funky stuff, and you'll chase your tail for days thinking otherwise ;)

<<)))(((>>

Bondo

Staff member

Give me an idea where to start and i'll work on it a bit tonight.

Ayuh,... I agree with Royal,...

You don't have a Good Solid Ground back to the tow unit...

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, here's the plan to start with. I'll run a good ground, metal to metal from the trailer frame to the frame of my truck to see is that handles the problem. I was talking to a friend earlier and he had the same concensus. Let me see if I can get this thing rolling! I'll report back later to let you know how it goes. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member

Ok, here's the plan to start with. I'll run a good ground, metal to metal from the trailer frame to the frame of my truck to see is that handles the problem. I was talking to a friend earlier and he had the same concensus. Let me see if I can get this thing rolling! I'll report back later to let you know how it goes. Thanks

Ayuh,... Jumper cables work Great for testing purposes...