Water Drain Plugs

gbessens

Recruit
Hello,<br /><br />I have been running my 1988 4.3L Mercruiser I/O Alpha 1 outdrive engine out of the water with the earmuffs on. There is exhaust that comes out of the prop, so that's fine, but there si also water and exhaust coming out of two holes on either sides of the bottom of the transom assembly. The water that comes out of the 2 holes is hot, and the water that comes out of the regular hole at the bottom of the right side of the outdrive is cold.<br /><br />I had my engine winterized last year but havn't used it since in the water. So I have 2 qestions: <br /><br />Is there supposed to be water and exhaust coming out of those 2 holes? <br /><br />And if not, did the mechanic forget to put some plugs back somewhere when he was winterizing it? <br /><br />I'm afraid of putting it in the water if there is a "leak", don't want to sink :) <br /><br />Thanks a great deal,<br /><br />Gilles Bessens

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Water Drain Plugs

You're All Set.......<br />Those are the Relief Holes, or Vents.......<br />For easy starting,+ idling at the dock........