I almost had hope for Wisconsin ths summer.... almost..

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Last weekend, and for a few days after, Wisconsin managed to pull itself from the clutches of the New Ice Age with defiant summer like temperatures. My boat, of course, was laid up with mechanical problems during this thermal renaissance so I was unable to fully immerse myself in it. However this coming weekend I have off work and Wisconsin has rewarded me by plunging back into the netherregions of the thermometer. After ten months of winter and a groundhog in witness protection; it is becoming painfully clear that summer may continue to elude my state and that my friends, is depressing.

.....so who has warm weather right now, because I am seriously contemplating moving, lol.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: I almost had hope for Wisconsin ths summer.... almost..

Hey fellow Wisconsinite! I feel your pain. We went from 60 to 90 to 55 for highs over a few days. One extreme to the next. How about somewhere in the middle? Like what the average is "supposed" to be, low 70's at least for us. The weather has been terrible. I even hit the heat in the house this a.m. just to take the chill out. We figure the kid has 3 more years left of school. Then, all bets are off!

rogerwa

Commander

103 on Tuesday 52 right now.. Don't come here its the same, but maybe a little nicer scenery.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Come on down. 98? avg. daytime temp, 70? overnight, and it's only mid-June.....

Water might be getting a bit skinny, Govenor declared drought emerg. yesterday, and been under a no-burn order for two weeks.

<<)))(((>>

bekosh

Lieutenant

KW you missed a good one last weekend. We went to The Other Place in Winneconne for an Olive Cheddar Burger, then hung out down at Streich's all afternoon. Even had to run the AC on the boat Saturday night.

Now this weekend it looks like we'll get to try out the Heater. :facepalm:

emoney

Commander

Well, I'm not even supposed to weigh in I guess, but there's an evil little devil on my right shoulder that will NOT shut-up, so here goes;

It's been rough down here too. Today, it's 90 with a low tonight expected around 73 and sunshine. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 90 with a low expected around 73. Sunday, it's supposed to be 90 with a low expected around 73. Monday.......ok, I'll stop. If it's any consolation, water temp is in low 80s in the Gulf and it hasn't rained for 3 months, at least to amount to anything. There has, however, been a 10% chance of rain showers predicted each day (but they haven't come to fruition as of yet).

In all sincerity, we're not far from wishing we had your weather since it's only the early part of June. August is going to a lllooooonnnnnggggggg month down here.

salty87

Commander

you're welcome here too (austin, tx) but please bring some water with you. lake is 23' below normal with only 3 of 20+ ramps reaching the target.

only reason i can even remember the last time it rained is because it mainly just hailed. driest summer on record here.

forecast...100, doesn't matter which day

nlain

Commander

Yes it is so hot and dry here in the Southeast that South Ga and Northeast Florida are on fire, literally. No relief in sight, going to be a long hot summer.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

I know !!!!! W t heck ???!!!

Knot Waiting

Sounds like I need to roll out and hang with you guys down south.... should probably fill my boat with water before I leave though eh?, lol.
Bekosh - [sigh] Sure rub it in, lol. I wish I had gotten out there, those were temps beyond even what we (should) get in August. Course, now that I fixed my boat I may have jinxed it for the rest of us.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

I feel your pain too. Our summer in the NW is quite short. I don't think I made it out for the first time last year until late June. Hoping this year will be better, but not looking great so far.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much though. After all we don't have to deal with things like hurricanes, tornados and droughts. I wonder if anyone has found the ultimate balance local (or if it exists).

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

I hate the heat, last week it was low 90's for most of it, currently 74 out back, that's about as hot as I like it

D

DJ

AZ is on fire too! I drove through a bunch of the smoke/ash earlier this week.

We've had a pretty nice June so far. Lows in the high 70's and highs at 100, or so.

July will bring the temp's that are just short of the surface temp. of the sun.

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The only temp that matters to me and my boat is freezing temp.. If there's no ice, then it boating weather..

fishrdan

Admiral

The only temp that matters to me and my boat is freezing temp.. If there's no ice, then it boating weather..

That would be "year- around" down here in Vegas :D

I'm heading up you way at the end of the month, so I hope WI weather decides to play nice.

itsaboattime

Dood, I'm lovin this weather. Here in Il. it crashed down to a comforable 67 the last two days. You all can keep that ungodly 85 and ^ heat.
Ya just hafta wear a jacket in the boat till ya drop anchor, or slow down so the wind isn't so chilly.
Life in the midwest.....ya gotta love it!!

southkogs

Staff member

Tennessee has been over 90? for almost three weeks solid (most of the time over 95?) - and it's JUNE. We're about 10? over normal, and speaking for myself I'd take a couple of hunks of Wisconsin or Minnesota ice to cool the lakes down a bit.

I'll actually be up that way in a couple of weeks in Eagan, MN. Won't get out on the lakes though ... gotta' work.