dual fuel pumps on late 90s 60 degree loopers

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
has anyone ever substituted this set up in place of the OMS ( or VRO2) fuel pump when pre mixing??

30auf7l.png

this is the first i have seen of this set up and it is two DIFFERENT fuel pumps!!!

this diagram came from a 1997 evinrude 105rw model.... rope start manual tilt 60 degree looper V4.

it is a 105 hp commerical use motor.

wondering if it is an easy switch over

bob

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: dual fuel pumps on late 90s 60 degree loopers

Bob, this isn't new. It's been the most acceptable way to insure enough fuel to the V5's. But not cheap. Rebuilding the gas side of VRO/OMS is way better cost wise, if possible. If I wanted to have gas only and use premix, and my pump was broken mechanically, I'd find a used VRO/OMS to rebuild.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: dual fuel pumps on late 90s 60 degree loopers

this set up doesnt seem to use a vapor seperator...... is the vapor seperator only needed when mixing fuel; and oil for some reason?

the 97 manual does not even show how to remove or replace these two fuel pumps, even though it says it covers that model!!!

I was just looking at all the room the NON VRO2 motor has in front in between the carbs...i like that room!!, now on my motors i am constantly pinching wires when i install the airbox...

bob