Finally The big boat is off the Trailer (Pics attached)

ingalp01

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all... I know I've been away a while, but I haven't been able to do much on the Chris Craft project until NOW !!!

I finally was able to raise the Titanic and prop up nearly 7000 lbs. with some well cut logs, some landscape timbers, 2 x 4's and a 20 ton air over hydraulic bottle jack! It took nearly four hours with help from a good friend, but the boat is up and in a good spot to begin all the restoration work. New outdrive, re-surfacing the hull, new steering and controls, new upholstery and salon lay-out and a good tune-up.

Here are a few pics of how it was accomplished. One step at a time, rear corners first, very slowly. (The air over hydraulic 20 ton bottle jack was a priceless help. $79.00 at Harbor Freight.) And I couldn't have done it without the help and advice of several forum members. Nor would I have had the guts to even attempt this without everyone's guidance and encouragement. Thanks guys... By the way, the 2 x 4's on the sides aren't really necessary, I just liked some extra lateral support. They are wedged in very tight, and that boat doesn't move an inch with me and my buddy trying our best to "Rock the Boat!"

Attachments

• boatlift001.jpg
    boatlift001.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0
  • boatlift002.jpg
    boatlift002.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • boatlift003.jpg
    boatlift003.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Finally The big boat is off the Trailer (Pics attached)

Looks great, I would try to get more keel support under the aft section where the motor weight is to prevent sagging of the hull.