looking for tilt/trim hose

sly_karma

Seaman
Hi, I have almost finished refurbishing a "new to me" 1988 E40hp with power tilt/trim. I'm looking for an upper hydraulic hose, as the one that came with mine has all the threads filed off the outside of the brass nipple that connects the hose to the hydraulic cylinder. These things appear to be available online, but jeez, they're expensive for a simple 9" long hose. I can buy the cylinder head assembly for this same engine for less money! If anyone has something that might work, please send me a PM. It would appear that quite a few model years have this setup.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: looking for tilt/trim hose

I have a 50hp with the tilt/trim setup you mention. The same hose was cracked and leaking bad. I took the old hose off and went to a place that does hydraulic hoses and they made one for me. Still works great.

Will Bark

Lieutenant

Our local NAPA store has a machine shop that can duplicate any hydraculic hose that's needed. They charge about 1/4 the cost.

sly_karma

Seaman

I guess I haven't found the right place yet. Local auto shop I use (will look at Napa today) had no idea what to do with what I showed them. Still trying to make it to the hydraulic parts place in town, they have rather ungenerous business hours.