Does anyone know...GlassPar Lido..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have just purchased a Glasspar Sport Lido, and I am trying to figure out, did this thing have foam in it? Anybody out there restore one of these before? I have not had a lot of time to looking into this to see, The floor feels solid, but I know it has water in it.

Just wanted to get a take on what or how they built this boat, and yes, I have made Google my friend as well as searching here, for such a popular boat, there does not seem to be much detailed information on it, but it is a cool looking boat!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Does anyone know...GlassPar Lido..

At this point in time, I have no idea what year it is, the hull ID plate is missing and the title is obviously wrong as Glasspar never made a 1972 Lido, the Lido line ended in about 1964 which is the last year I have found in their brochures that references this model. It was one of the most popular fiberglass boats made in that era, I simply want to find out, if they used foam in the floors.

I guess, I will just have to drill a couple of holes to find out, I just figured someone on this extensive site may have worked on one before. So I knew what I was digging into, but I guess it really does not matter the work needs to be done..

I also checked the second link your listed, no or very little information on that website, and it has not been very active..

When it comes to web references, the majority of the websites out there are pretty calm, quiet and have not a lot of information, which is why after three days of looking at websites, I decided to finally ask the question on this one, which is the most active website on the internet about boats!

But just as a reference, it looks exactly like this boat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbills/sets/72157622500970163/

The only thing different on my boat is the color, as you can see, there are no pictures of what is under the floor.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Like I said, It's hard to Identify a Boat without seeing it. Lots of guys on here with lots of knowledge but...You know what they say a Pictures worth a thousand words.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I am well aware that a picture is worth more than a thousand words...this I can see right now, is not going to be easy to get a simple answer to a simple question.

Thanks Wood!

:)

By the way, here is another link to one that a guy restored, still shows nothing of what is under the floors:

http://www.theclassicboathouse.com/glassparsportlido59.html

I have been doing searches and reading websites for three days now, believe me, I have covered my bases..I have been posting long enough on this website, to know what the standard procedure is..

Huntsforfood

Recruit

I hope you have found your answer but... I have a 65 Flying V that I'm replacing the Transom on and mine has no foam. Different model but the year is close.