Adding Aerial FreeRide Twin Speakers to Tahoe 2007 q5i stock tower

agomba

Cadet
Hello I am new to this forum and have been searching for information about adding Aerial FreeRide Twin Speakers to the Tahoe q5i Stock tower. I currently have the stock Jensen stereo which i think can only put out 140 watts or the 4 channel and 40 watts per speaker. I can only find this information about the new 2011 boats so i do not know if this is correct for the 2007. The Aerial FreeRide Twin Speakers that i want to add can handle a max of 180watts and a continuous 60watt. I am wondering if it is possible to use these with the stock Jensen stereo or not.

ktrahan75

Cadet
Re: Adding Aerial FreeRide Twin Speakers to Tahoe 2007 q5i stock tower

how many stock jensen speakers do you have now? if you only have two, then you'll probably get away with just adding the other speakers, but probably won't have enough juice to get there full potential. I'd probably add a small amp to power those seperately, and then add two additional jensens to the head unit inside the boat near the bow to take full advantage of your setup.

Last edited:

agomba

Cadet
Re: Adding Aerial FreeRide Twin Speakers to Tahoe 2007 q5i stock tower

Hey so I installed the speakers I got a 2 channel 400 watt amp a jackhammer jh202 I'm wondering about the remote connection on the back of the Jensen head unit I see the black cable that's labeled wired remote but it has a s video connection and my amp
Just has a regular speaker cable for the remote connection. I'm just wondering of I have to find an adapter for the remote to connect to the s video or if I have to do something else