Help with Identifying several through hull fittings

divinbrad

Recruit
IMG-20110606-00017.jpgIMG-20110606-00018.jpgIMG-20110606-00016.jpg
Hi this is my first post on here although I have read and found alot of helpful information on here.. I have just picked up a 1985 baretta runabout I dont know the model it is a 16' V-hull boat. when I got the boat the interior had been partly removed by the previous owner and there are several white hoses connected to thru hull fittings on the hull but other than the bilge none of the other ends are connected to anything.. I am hoping for some insight as to where to connect these lines.. I have found drain spouts on the 2 open bow compartments and also one in the port console Ive thrown some pictures in also. the 2nd hole in the transom does not have a thru hull fitting on it just a hole with a silicone feeling seal in the hole.. if there is more info I can give that would help ask away..
thank you very much in advance for any help
Brad

divinbrad

Recruit
Re: Help with Identifying several through hull fittings

IMG-20110606-00016.jpg

IMG-20110606-00017.jpg

IMG-20110606-00018.jpg

sorry am new to the uploading apologize for the orientation on the first photo uploads

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to iboats! If I'm reading you right, you say you've already accounted for the bilge pump connection so it is not one of the thru hull fittings you've shown.

Although the boat doesn't look like a fishing rig - do you have any live wells on board? My only other guess is that one on the port side is the drain outlet for the console cooler. I had one in the very same place on my SeaRay I/O. As the ice melted the water just ran down the tube and out the fitting.

As for the one on the transom, I have to say I've never seen a hole that size in that area below the waterline before. Possibly the remains of a strainer mount for a livewell pump? But again, that isn't a fishing boat. Helpful, ain't I? ;)

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

The drain on the port side is a drain for either a fishwell, cooler, or storage compartment.

The drain on the upper portion of the hull is for the bilge pump discharge.

The drain on the lower port side is for a raw water intake for a livewell.

The large hole on the transom is where your outdrive should be :D

divinbrad

Recruit

on the cooler drains should there be a pump or anything or a plug? the hole on the transom I am curious on is just below the outdrive and to the port side a little bit kinda hard to make out in the pic am sorry for that the boat doesnt have any live wells but in the back it looked like they had another cooler.. on these drains I have one stupid question should they have some sort or valve or anything on them?? I am a scuba diver and do plan to take the boat out on a few dives just dont want to start the dive with the boat following me down...

thanks for your help on this guys

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Bilge and live well have pumps. Others should have a plugs in the drains of the coolers. Usually, water doesn't enter the coolers as they are higher than the water level and the drains are on the side of the boat. Water can be forced up thru thru the hoses if you have drains on the bottom or scoop fittings, but if they are on the side like that, there should be no issue. i would plug them in case you want to use it as dry storage.