New information on my Leaking Bayliner from the inner transom plate area

89cruisers

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After taking the Capri out last week, some new info has come into light, it will only leak when at a standstill, when moving, water will not leak in. To me this sounds like it would not be exhaust related, but be due to the transom seal? Once again, marina insists that non of their work is the problem (bellows, shift cable) any thoughts?

Lyle29464

Lieutenant
Re: New information on my Leaking Bayliner from the inner trasom plate area

Time for a mirror. Look at bottom of transom plate.

a70eliminator

Captain

When you say "moving" do you mean on plane or just tooling around? When on plane all that potential leaking stuff on the transom is up out of the water, including the bellows.

89cruisers

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's coming in from the very bottom of the transom plate, I have pics in an earlier post. I cant be sure, I don't know if there would be much of a way to try to check if its while moving in general, or just on a plane. Just after use the amount of water that leaked in was nothing as compared to when just sitting so figured I would post here on last time before pulling the engine lol

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

You do understand that the transom is literally out of the water when up on a plane. SO if it's not leaking when on a plane, it MAY be transom seal or bellows related (the bellows is completely out of water on a plane too....) (A70 e........is there an echo in here?;))

This would be true even not on a plane but well above a "no-wake" speed