Gluvit Substitute?

Mojo^

Seaman
Could 635 Thin Epoxy Resin from U.S. Composites be used in the same manner as Gluvit to seal seams/rivits on an aluminum hull?

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Gluvit Substitute?

Could 635 Thin Epoxy Resin from U.S. Composites be used in the same manner as Gluvit to seal seams/rivits on an aluminum hull?

Really don't know, but I've dealt with US Composites many times and they are great folks....shoot them an email with your questions....they'll respond quickly.... info@uscomposites.com

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

No. Gluvit has etching stuff in it to allow it to properly adhere to aluminum.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Well there you go...straight from the tinny man himself. No need to contact USComposites now.

Good Luck

Mojo^

Seaman

Ah, there's a very good reason why not to try it. I sealed a transom over the weekend with 635 and when I finished I discarded the plastic mixing cup in the trash along with the chip brush still inside. The next day I looked at it and pulled the brush out of the cup. A nice thick sheet of cured 635 came with it. I was amazed at how strong yet semi-flexible this stuff was and was just wondering about other possible uses as it appears that I will have quaite a bit left over.