Another what type of boat to get thread. Looking to buy an I/O boat

vigil2448

Seaman Apprentice
Okay so me and wife are looking to upgrade to something newer. Currently we have a 1989 Seasprite 19' I/O with a 4.3 mercruiser. we really enjoy it, but are looking for something with a bit more power/style.

Our budget is around $15,000. Doesn't matter if it's a merc or a volvo, but prefer to stay within those two just for the ease of finding parts/repair.

Engine 4.3L or bigger, want an open bow, and something that could accomodate a wake tower. I see all the ones I like on craiglist and the boat stores but uncertain of what boat brand is the best, or one that would be reliable.

My interest include Mariah, Bayliner, Glastron, Fourwinns, Sea Ray..ect

I understand the engine and outdrives within the two brands I like are good, but how about the boat itself with the engineering and the fact that a manufacture actually takes price in their workman ship!! Any input would be appreciated!! Including which brands to stay away from!! Thanks!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Another what type of boat to get thread. Looking to buy an I/O boat

I've spent a lot of time on this site and have formulated the opinion that nobody builds a "crap" boat. Nor does anyone build one that is completely impervious to owner neglect. With a used boat the only thing that truly matters is how it's been maintained. Bayliner and Tahoe are at the low end of the quality scale but I wouldn't even write them off if they've been well maintained. Your budget of $15k should be adequate to find yourself a very nice boat. Have it surveyed.