350 MAG MPI HORIZON with BRAVO III see photo WHAT IS IT?

See attached photo. I am in the process of trying to locate all the hoses for back flushing sea water system to find stoppage. Main problem outlet hose on sea water pump blew off due to stoppage in outlet line. This photo of the oil pan and bottom well shows the engine oil drain line and a clamp that someone else dropped, at least I hope it?s not off of something important, but guess I will find out when get it all back together and then there is that piece of don't know what with a black line going to it. Any ideas what it is and is it suppose to be there? Second question, does the oil slime on well bottom and walls look normal or has there been a problem in past?

Attachments

• WHAT IS IT.jpg
    WHAT IS IT.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 350 MAG MPI HORIZON with BRAVO III see photo WHAT IS IT?

Transducer for a depth sounder.

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That was my first thought too.

Where's that wire lead to?

joncrisler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Depth finder transducer- the wire goes up to the gauges at the helm. As for the water supply line- look at the oil cooler for debris- especially on the inlet side.

I really don't know for sure where wire goes, but will find out when I tear into fixing the sea water hose. Boat does have a depth sounder and it appears to be working so I assume if that object in photo is the Transducer for the depth sounder then the wire must lead up to the depth sounder on the dash. Will check it out when do hose fix. I was just concerned that it might be something off the engine indicating a bigger problem then the hose that blew off. Hey guys thanks for the input.