Did I spin my prop?

USM89

Cadet
20ft Tracker pontoon 90hp Evinrude, Out on the lake this afternoon with the family just mid-range cruising, went across some boat wake and the motor reved up a time or two and then settled back down and run normal. I thought at the time because the front of the toon was loaded a little more heavily that I may have cavetated a bit across the wakes. About an hour later returning to the dock started losing speed with increasing RPMs, throttled back and speed and RPMs stabilized eased into the dock OK. I am planning on pulling out of the water next week for furniture replacement. Is my prop shot?:facepalm:

specmkr

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Did I spin my prop?

Sounds similar to what happened to me last weekend. If you pull the prop, you will see rubber balled up all around the hub end and you will smell burnt rubber if that is in fact what happened. I think you can send it off to have it re hubbed, not positive about that though. I purchased a new one since the one I spun wasn't the right one anyway.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Did I spin my prop?

Use a sharpie pen and draw a line across the hub and then run the motor....... is you have rpm problems the marks will not line up and yes it will be time to get the prop re-hubbed/repaired.