Can't Trim Up - Need Advice/Help

TJ2

Recruit
I lost my post somewhere so I will do this again. Everything worked fine last year and this year no trim up. The boat has an up/down button at the rear so you can raise/lower the drive outside the boat which works perfectly. The trailoring button to raise the drive up works fine as well. The down/up (trim up) on the top of the throttle is where I am having issues. I can send the drive down from there no problem but it will not come up. I have 3 wires Red, Blue, Green and as I understand it..Green=down, Blue-Up, and the red must be the constant hot. I checked voltages with a meter across the red/green (which works) I get 12v at the switch. I do the same test on the Red/blue and I get 0V at the switch.

At this point I am thinking either bad switch or bad wire. The only reason I am thinking the solenoid is fine is it operates with trailoring or the rear up switch just fine. Am I wrong with that assumption?

I pulled my side panel off looked the connections and they "looked" good/tight below the throttle. I decided to make a jumper wire and bridge the blue/green with it. When I did this the drive went down when I pressed the up side of the switch. Thoughts? Bad Switch? or did I just simply make another route to activate the down solenoid?

Could a defective trim switch at the drive cause the trimming up issue?

Sorry for the noobie questions but you have to learn sometime.

TJ

ken52

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Can't Trim Up - Need Advice/Help

If everything works from the switch on the motor your solenoids and T&T are working. If the throttle isn't working could have broken wire, but looks like from your testing it's the switch in the throttle giving you issuse. If you can remove the switch, remove it and if possible clean it with some electronic cleaner and test with meter to see if the switch open and closes when the buttons are pressed.