Shrub gets clipped ...

aspeck

Staff member
... by a 65 year old guy! HA! Richard Childress put him in a headlock and started thumping him. Where are the pictures????

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Shrub gets clipped ...

Richard Childress is my new hero :D :D

Jeff Gluck of SB Nation reported, "Kyle Busch was put into a headlock and punched several times by famed team owner Richard Childress before falling to the ground, according to several people with direct knowledge of an altercation ..."

Pictures coming tomorrow in the Sprint cup race. No doubt there will be an interview with the little ...... uhhhh, ..... race car driver.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

I~ll bet Harvick has a smile from ear to ear. Way to go RC.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Good for RC!!!!

Through all of this I think that its good for NASCAR, bring a little bit of the "Good Ole Boys" thing back into NASCAR!!

Kudo's to Kyle Busch for seeing a need for NASCAR to get back to its roots

To bad RC didn't have a race car around him to run over that freaking punk

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Had to rush to nascar.com to get some details after reading this thread. Although, the details are sketchy as mentioned in the article: http://www.nascar.com/news/110604/rchildress-kybusch-altercation-kansas/index.html
Can't wait to hear more! Should be all over NASCAR radio Monday. Richard is the owner of my boy Burton. Looks like all the antics Shrubby did throughout the years finally put someone over the edge.... A little attitude adjustment!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I'm watching Race Day on SPEED. Within the half hour they're supposed to interview Shrubby. The only different talk is whether RC will be on the pitbox today. Nobody knows as of now. I would think he would be until they get everything figured out. We'll see......

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Just interviewd Kyle. Didn't have much to say. That's odd in itself! He was pretty meek. On the ticker it said RC could attend the race but can't be on pit road......

aspeck

Staff member

ESPN reports ....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Richard Childress was fined $150,000 on Monday for assaulting Kyle Busch, the latest incident in an ongoing feud between NASCAR's most polarizing driver and Childress' race teams.

NASCAR also placed Childress on probation through the end of the year, finding the team owner solely at fault for Saturday's incident at Kansas Speedway. The 65-year-old grandfather apparently approached Busch after the Trucks race, placed him in a headlock, and punched him several times.

"We feel this action is appropriate and are confident all parties involved understand our position on this matter and will move forward appropriately," NASCAR said in a statement.

Childress, who dodged a suspension from NASCAR, was upset that Busch had bumped into Joey Coulter on the cool-down lap after the race.

He said in a statement that he accepts the penalty, but he did not apologize for his actions.

"First of all, I'm responsible for my actions, plain and simple," he said. "As you know, I am a very principled person and have a passion for what we do at Richard Childress Racing. I believe passionately in defending my race teams and my sponsor partners. In this instance, I let that passion and my emotions get the best of me.

"I accept the penalty NASCAR announced today and, as a company, we will now focus on this week's races at Pocono Raceway and Texas Motor Speedway."

It's not clear what probation means in relation to Childress as a car owner. Generally considered to be nothing more than a slap on the wrist, NASCAR chairman Brian France defined probation last month as "a different set of eyes and expectations" for drivers, adding they would have limited flexibility on the race track.

For Childress, it could only mean he must stay away from Busch for the rest of the year.

... I still say Kudos to Childress!!!

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

I used to watch NASCAR back in the day......now they have gone the way of WWE.......Oh well..... I wont have to complain about watching 'cry baby' any more.....:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I guess the deal was, RC told Buch previously to stop tearing up his equipment, or else. Apparently, Bush has gone after RC's drivers after the race in the past. I guess Shrubby found out what "or else" meant. I would be willing to bet Shrubby cools his jets at least for awhile. He's still on probabtion anyway from the altercation between him and Harvick, an RC car. Apparently probabtion means you can still rough a guy up even after the race is over on the cool down lap. On NASCAR radio, that was the only story that was talked about today. $150k is alot of doh-rae-me, but it's still chump change for RC no matter what the guys on the radio were saying.