502 magnum info wanted.

Fish Foot

Cadet
I bought a 1991 Rinker Captiva 236 sport cuddy this weekend. It has a 502 magnum and Bravo One. My first question is, what horse power is the 502 rated at?

Fish Foot

Cadet
Re: 502 magnum info wanted.

Did'nt mean to post this in the volvo penta section. Can it be moved please?

sswheeler

Seaman Apprentice

I bought a 1991 Rinker Captiva 236 sport cuddy this weekend. It has a 502 magnum and Bravo One. My first question is, what horse power is the 502 rated at?

Hey I have the same boat! Mine is a 454 and it is rated at 330hp. I don't know if the 502's came stock. Has it been replaced?

Fish Foot

Cadet

Thanks for the info. The 502 is the stock motor and it is does have a carb on it. I have not had the boat on the water yet. I just bought it as a fixer uper and the project is smaller than the seller told me it would be. She won it in a devorce and let it go, but it is cleaning up nicely. Did'nt evan know if the motor would work when I bought it. It should be on the water within a week.

sswheeler, what kind of speed do you get with the 454? What good or bad things do have to say about the boat? I cant wait to get this thing in the water.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

She won it in a devorce and let it go, but it is cleaning up nicely. Did'nt evan know if the motor would work when I bought it. It should be on the water within a week.

Check it over closely!

Divorce settlement boats don't usually get a lot of maintenance (like winterization!!)

Good luck!

Rick

sswheeler

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info. The 502 is the stock motor and it is does have a carb on it. I have not had the boat on the water yet. I just bought it as a fixer uper and the project is smaller than the seller told me it would be. She won it in a devorce and let it go, but it is cleaning up nicely. Did'nt evan know if the motor would work when I bought it. It should be on the water within a week.

sswheeler, what kind of speed do you get with the 454? What good or bad things do have to say about the boat? I cant wait to get this thing in the water.

WE love it ! Handles well and is a blast! As far as speed, it tops out just over 60mph. yours should do better.
What prop do you have?

Last edited:

Fish Foot

Cadet

21p mirage is the prop. Im sure the foam is wet. It sat outside for three years uncovered. Im in the prosess of drying it out the best I can. I have all of the seating out and every board I can come in contact with is rock solid so far.

Fish Foot

Cadet

Oh and i just got the motor running great with no leaks :)

Pete104

Lieutenant

Don't expect a whole lot from that hull, by no means is it "FAST" like it sounds! I had a '93 Mariah (very comparable) 502 EFI & ran low 60's. Sounded real nice but that's about it. I ran a 21" Mirage also, by myself just at rev-limiter! Anything else in slowed her down slightly>