Bravo II or III.... Please help...

brandon08

Cadet
I have a 1995 crownline 26 feet with 7.4L Mercruiser that came with a Bravo III. Can I put a Bravo II on it or does it have to be a Bravo III?

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Bravo II or III.... Please help...

Why would you want to go with a b2? Do you know how differently your boat will be on the water? But should bolt up without issues.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I have a 1995 crownline 26 feet with 7.4L Mercruiser that came with a Bravo III. Can I put a Bravo II on it or does it have to be a Bravo III?

Howdy,

Welcome to iboats!

You can easily replace your Bravo III with a Bravo II or a Bravo I for that matter.............Although I have to say, with that large a boat, your performance will suffer as a result.

Regards,

Rick

brandon08

Cadet

I bought the 95 crownline with the upper/lower unit stolen off it and i am trying to fig. out what upper/lower unit to put on it. If it should be a Bravo II or a Bravo III. Also how would I find out about the gear ratio? Thanks for your help...

dubs283

Vice Admiral

if you call crownline and give them the hull id number they will tell you all of the factory specs for that boat, including what type of drive and gear ratio

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I bought the 95 crownline with the upper/lower unit stolen off it and i am trying to fig. out what upper/lower unit to put on it. If it should be a Bravo II or a Bravo III. Also how would I find out about the gear ratio? Thanks for your help...

It could use either drive.

It will perform best with a Bravo III IMHO.

I wouldn't trade my Bravo III for anything (except another Bravo III)

A big boat like yours weighs will probably perform best with a 2.20:1 drive and 24p props.

brandon08

Cadet

Would I call the crownline Corporate Headquarters number? Also what kind of paint is used for the bottom of the boat to prevent it from getting all dirty...

joncrisler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If I recall correctly, Crownline went bankrupt and ceased operations.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

I love that!
lolhit.gif

They do appear to be still in business.......

Cheers,

Rick
B3.gif

dubs283

Vice Admiral

Would I call the crownline Corporate Headquarters number?

call any number you like there, i'm sure they will point you in the right direction

if they have a dealer locater, try calling a dealer, they may be able to have access to a database and answer your question in short order