1999 Chris Craft 200 Bowrider

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer
I just purchased this boat the other week, it came with a bimini top and the top has a cover to keep it all together. In my engine compartment there are dividers that dip down on either side of the engine where it looks like I can put the top there. The thing is, it will be touching my risers. Will this get too hot for stoage of the top?

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1999 Chris Craft 200 Bowrider

On my boat I have two mesh pieces that go from the back transom to the bottom of the bench seat. Its obviously to keep a cover or other item back there so it doesnt hit the engine. I dont use it however. Engine compartment is for the engine. As far as risers getting hot, not hot enought to cause damage to the canvas. Ive touched risers after a hard days use and their only luke warm. Manifolds on the other hand..............

Wylie CC

Cadet

I have pretty much the exact same boat except mine is a 2000 200 BR. Mine came with the bimini, and convertible tops. The Bimini will not fit in that area, because of the longer/taller arms. however, the convertible top that snaps tot he winshiled fits, and that was where mine was stored when i purchased it. I never used it, so now I keep it in my garage, and just leave the bimini attached all the time.

I have had my Chris-Craft for 4 years now, and love it as much as the day i bought it. Enjoy

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

Wylie, if you see my other posts you will find that I just bought this boat a couple of weeks ago. I was told that all systems work, needless to say the first weekend I had to replace impeller, battery, alternator, water pump, and some trim wiring! I do love the boat! Its great being one of the only Chris Craft's around (on lake martin, Al). BTW post some pictures of your boat!

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

needless to say the first weekend I had to replace impeller, battery, alternator, water pump, and some trim wiring! I do love the boat! Its great being one of the only Chris Craft's around (on lake martin, Al).

Whoah, that sucks.... Should be good for a while now though!

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I hope so, I would like to spend my money on upgrading it now!

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

Replacing a clarion tape deck with something that is compatable with a Iphone, adding transom led lighting, possibly adding a sub, and possibly adding thru-hull captians choice exhaust.

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

Replacing a clarion tape deck with something that is compatable with a Iphone, adding transom led lighting, possibly adding a sub, and possibly adding thru-hull captians choice exhaust.

If i may make a suggestion. If you add a sub.... DO NOT get an open air sub (one that just mounts under the seat, or under the dash, in the bow etc).... or else you will be largely disappointed.

I lost countless dollars to the audio dealer installing different types of "marine open air subs" in different locations... and was always disappointed. Put two JL audio subs with stainless hardware in two seperate sealed enclosures and BAM.... literally. Can be heard across the lake, and, if loudness isn't your thing, the sound quality was easily twice as good as any of the open air versions.

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

Put two JL audio subs with stainless hardware in two seperate sealed enclosures and BAM.... QUOTE]

I am planning on using what I already have JL subs with a punch 45W amp. I will build a box to fit under the helm, it's watertight there but just in case I will add quick disconnects so I can remove for winterization. I have also found when you add the word "Marine" to anything you end up paying double, if it is not going to get wet what's the difference?

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

The only Audio parts in my system with "Marine" are the 2 400$ Bose speakers in the back! 2 Amps (Koiller and Punch) Memphis 10" Sub in custom enclosure and Dual 6.5's up front. The stero is the stock "Marine" Clarion with MP3 and XM radio. I plan on an automotive stereo soon. Boats stored off the water in Bone Dry Arizona, Never had an issue with either of my boats. You'll LOVE thru hulls if you like to hear the engine like we do!

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

Put two JL audio subs with stainless hardware in two seperate sealed enclosures and BAM.... QUOTE]

I am planning on using what I already have JL subs with a punch 45W amp. I will build a box to fit under the helm, it's watertight there but just in case I will add quick disconnects so I can remove for winterization. I have also found when you add the word "Marine" to anything you end up paying double, if it is not going to get wet what's the difference?

Exactly.

I would consider using at least a 100w rms amp. Also, I learned the hard way, that mdb board that they make enclosures out of soaks up water like a sponge. Have whoever is making the box epoxy or glass it just in case.

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

That's a good idea on Glassing the box. It has been almost 15 years since I have fooled around with car stereo. From what I recall that Punch 45 would push 1 10" JL pretty good, but I do have a 100w amp, I cannot remember the name brand. I will build the box and I am hoping on carpeting it to match the carpet under the helm for a oem look!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Replacing a clarion tape deck with something that is compatable with a Iphone

Get one of these: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro..._AM/FM/Satellite/iPod_Docking_Marine_Receiver I recently put the car version of it in my Honda and it's the greatest thing ever. I had literally been waiting for them to invent something like that. When I got it for the car I immediately thought it would be sweet for a boat because of the added protection for the ipod. Then they came out with a marine version!

ryanr623

Chief Petty Officer

That's a good idea on Glassing the box. It has been almost 15 years since I have fooled around with car stereo. From what I recall that Punch 45 would push 1 10" JL pretty good, but I do have a 100w amp, I cannot remember the name brand. I will build the box and I am hoping on carpeting it to match the carpet under the helm for a oem look!

Use this as a reference. This should go for any JL subs, no matter how old.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/RecPowerChart_11.pdf

FWIW i have the MTX tm601D pushing my two tens (100w RMS per channel, 600w peak) and it sounds amazing.

Either way, enjoy your new boat!

BobbyC1

Recruit

I have pretty much the exact same boat except mine is a 2000 200 BR. Mine came with the bimini, and convertible tops. The Bimini will not fit in that area, because of the longer/taller arms. however, the convertible top that snaps tot he winshiled fits, and that was where mine was stored when i purchased it. I never used it, so now I keep it in my garage, and just leave the bimini attached all the time.

I have had my Chris-Craft for 4 years now, and love it as much as the day i bought it. Enjoy

I have the same boat but can not figure out how to store the convertible top in the engine compartment. I have the dips in the separators but still can not get it to fit. Any help or ideas, photo's?

Thanks, Bobby C.