Figured Id share this story...

xBASSASSINx

Seaman Apprentice
Alright so this morning I woke up at 4 to the sound of a beeping life alert commercial.Couldn't go back to sleep for the life of me for some odd reason, so i ultimately decide to go down to this creek that my brother has been tearing the bream at this past week.I get down there at a little past daybreak.I noticed theres a small gator(not too unusual for here to see them) about 40-50 yards to left just swimming down creek and it wasnt even 10 minutes later and then the freakiest thing in my life happens.I got my bait out in the water and at 6 feet at the most this damn massive gator pops up right in front me.So here I am just standing there quickly trying to retreiving my lure and about the time i got two spins on my reel he swam up a little bit more so I took off just dragging my rod got back to the truck cut my line and got outta there.Thats the freakiest thing ever.Ive never had one approach me like that.My guess for that to happen is someone is feeding him.That just wasn't the way I wanted to break in in my new abu garcia combo.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Figured Id share this story...

Yep, I was up about 3:30. Must be this heat wave...

So, where abouts is Taylor? Must be south if you have gators. You can have 'em for my part ;) At least all you lost was some line and a lure. Be careful out there.
:cool:

<<)))(((>>

Last edited:

xBASSASSINx

Seaman Apprentice

its about 5 miles from florida and 15 from ga

cwilt

Petty Officer 1st Class

thats what happens when people feed them. they become not afraid of us and relate us to food.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

No gators for me thanks!

I'll stick with the blackflies and mosquitos up here.