New guy with some prop data for F70 yamaha

speckrigg

Recruit
Hi first time here...great info from what I've read so far...thought I'd just add to some of the data out there for the F70 yamaha..

boat= XP18 Xpress CC with the f70
WOT with 13 1/4 X 15 std 3blad alum 2 peps and 9 gals of gas trolling motor and 2 batteries (with stock tach) @ 6100rpm
Speed (avg up and down river with GPS) 35.8 MPH

Same load as above
WOT with Solas 13 X 15 4blade 6100rpm
Speed (same as above) 35.7mph

The rpm range of 3800 to 4300 saw the better improvment in speeds...not to much but a 2.5 mph increase in the 4300rpm range is ok with me since thats the range I usally run in most of the time.

Speed with the 3blade was 24mph @ 4300 turns
Speed with the 4blade as 26.5 @ 4300

Hole shot was/is impressive with the stock 3blade....maybe its a bit better with the 4blade but not really night and day difference. It almost jumps on plane in the lenth of the boat. I think the transom is riding higher and that's lending a bit more measureable speed on the midrange rpms.

the only quirky thing is this....@ 1200rpm to 1400rpm there is what sounds like a harmonic squeel...it comes in and drops off at the above rpms. the 3blade has never made that noise. Have any of you guys ever had a prop do that?

Enjoyed readin so far.
I gleened some good info from here so far.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New guy with some prop data for F70 yamaha

My Solas Rubex 4 blade came w a rubber ring that fits inside the L/U, attached to the front of the prop,03 F90.It rubs on the L/U slightly and might cause the ringing if you have it on yours.I dont think its harmfull if thats whats making the noise.You could grease it and see if it stops.