2006 Bennington 2275RL listing to left

selmahotrod

Seaman Apprentice
My 22 ft. Bennington 2275RL has always listed to the left. I bought it new and it has always done this. Even sitting still you can tell it is leaning to left. The dealer says because fuel tank is on the lft rear corner. It still does this with no fuel in tank. The motor is a Yamaha F150. It is mounted in the center as it should be. Any ideas out there?

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2006 Bennington 2275RL listing to left

Do you have any pics? one from the rear would help. I could see this if the tank was full but not empty...

5150abf

Vice Admiral

The gas tank is located on the left side of the boat so that will contribute also there could be more furniture on that side rear.

I have had alot of boats come back for that with the owners saying there is water in the tubes but after drilling them I rarely find water, that is just how some of them sit, it is very hard to get the weight even with certain furniture groupings.

If you suspect water pull the boat and while it is on the trailer drive forward and stop suddenly then put your ear on the tube and listen for water, if there is any there you will hear it slosh and this is a 2 peron job.

The Rooster

Ensign

We had a similar issue with our older Bentley 24'. We just loaded the anchor, tool box, BBQ pit on the right side. We had a gate on the right, in front of the console, and kept all ice chests in that spot. Together it all helped, and I wouldn't think twice about asking larger crew members to sit on the starboard side up front !!!