Retrieve view download runtime data from honda engine (BF115)

WhiteRider

Cadet
Can you pull off historical data from a Honda engine? Interested in the history of the hours, RPMs, time spent at each RPM... etc..... I know the E-tecs have this capability but haven't found anything on Honda's.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Retrieve view download runtime data from honda engine (BF115)

Sorry but not on this engine.Honda did not give us that capability until the 200/225 models and are now backfilling that gap as new models are introduced.No way to scan this engine.

WhiteRider

Cadet

Bummer. This is a brand new 115 getting rigged now. I think this is the only thing it lacks......

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

Well ,lets backup a moment.I was under the impression that this was a unit in use and you were curious about use history.Honda may well have upgraded that ecm to communicate with that hds but if they have they are not sharing that info with dealer support.Currently the 60-225 efi models with the exception of the 115 /130 will scan.Easy enough to tell.Remove the plastic electronic cover and look for a red connector that is plugged only into a cap.No red connector,no hds.

WhiteRider

Cadet

OK. Let me pull the cover and look. Just got the motor rigged. Made a big mistake becuase its to heavy will start another thread with details.

The plastic electronic cover is a cant miss when i pop the hood i take it? Let me take a look and I will let you know.