1996 Quantum 180 XD Boat with 120hp Force Engine

r-l-newell

Recruit
I have a 1996 Quantum 180 XD Boat with a 120hp Force Engine on the back and I bought it new. It has been kept under a car port the lst few years and I replaced the batteries today and the Motor Tilt and Trim and etc. seem to work fine however the other electrical stuff such as the Horn, Bilge Pump, Stereo and etc. aren't working at all. Is there a Breaker /Fuse Box that this boat has that I need to reset for these items to work? Never worked on it and don't remember that stuff being in the book about the boat when I bought it?

Thanks for the help.

Rob85

Cadet
Re: 1996 Quantum 180 XD Boat with 120hp Force Engine

I think it depends on what your switch panel looks like. Some switch panels have fuses in them, some do not. For instance, my switch panel does not have any fuses since it's an older boat. I have an inline fuse going from the battery to my switch panel. In any rate, a number of things could cause electronics not to work on your boat; faulty or corroded wires, improper grounding, blown fuses, etc. I would get underneath your console and trace the wires as far as you can. Look for any damage or corrosion to the wires. Make sure all wires connecting to the battery have clean terminals to ensure a good connection. You also have to be sure that those components are even working to begin with. When I bought my boat almost none of the electronics worked. I cut every wire out of the boat leaving just enough near the load to splice a new wire to and everything works fine now. Good luck!