Heading Back To England

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Heading back to England Wednesday evening to visit the family and celebrate my parents 60th wedding anniversary. Will be checking in from time to time but not often. Going to visit the English Lake (puddle) district, Ireland, Wales and my home town of Liverpool. We are treating my parents to a trip to where they spent their honeymoon in Anglesey, North Wales.
Please clean up again after the party !!!:D and be nice to our house sitter and animal minder. :D Please keep the cat indoors but the 2 dogs can be let out in the back yard :)
Back in Canada on the 14th June.

Last edited:

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: Heading Back To England

I've been to Liverpool, and a little bit of Wales too.
I am sure you will have a great time catching up with the parents.
Cheers
Phillip

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Again??!! I haven't fully recovered from the last party.... BTW, is your house sitter good looking?????? I like dogs better than cats. Cat will be outside and the dogs will occupy the beds. Oh, I mean, sure!

ps. Sounds like a great trip. What a good son!! Congrats to your parents!

wifisher

Chief Petty Officer

Drink a strongbow for me while you are there!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Again??!! I haven't fully recovered from the last party.... BTW, is your house sitter good looking?????? I like dogs better than cats. Cat will be outside and the dogs will occupy the beds. Oh, I mean, sure!

ps. Sounds like a great trip. What a good son!! Congrats to your parents!

House sitter is a male football player friend of our sons. he may be good looking but probably not in your eyes !!!:) I feel really secure with him in my home. he is a great guy and we have known both him and his family for over 15 years now. he has sat for us many times before and has done a great job each time. I would certainly not fancy my chances trying to come on to the property and having to pass him on the way !! :eek:
I am sure he will let my iboats friends in though !!!:) as long as you clean up !!!
On the England trip, my parents do not know yet about the return trip to their honeymoon spot !!! we will be driving them there "blind" so to speak !!!
Now I have to get used to driving a stick shift again on the "wrong" side of the road with roundabouts !!!:eek: (Have a rental car booked at the airport)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Toast your mother and father on their anniversary with any flavor of single malt that suites your fancy, and let them know it is from one of the blokes in Montana!

Man, I use to love that single malt when I was stationed in England!

Have a great trip!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I will select a suitable single malt for you !!!:D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Stay away from the spotted ****, or whatever that dessert is called!!!!

Way to many calories. :D

Bigprairie1

Commander

Say Hi to my brother-in-law in Church Stretton for me!!...he'll take you to the local pub for a few mugs!
.....man, I can't believe you're missing the Lord Stanley's finals!!:eek::D
Have a great trip.:cool:
BP:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Greetings from Anglesey, North Wales. Weather is OK for Britain. Been to the English lake district so far and Dublin Ireland for a couple of days and Liverpool. Currently with my parents at a quaint bed and breakfast in Anglesey where they spent their honeymoon (60 years ago on 9th June, tomorrow) Back to Liverpool Friday, anniversary party Saturday and back into Canada on Monday.
Many pubs have been visited and many pints have been inbibed !!!!:D
Visited the Guiness factory on Monday and drank my fill before leaving. :D
See you all next week.:)

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Have fun!
I was born outside RAF Alconbury.

I went to visit at the tail end of the wife's business trip a few years back. I was on the subway after getting off the plane when the second bombing attempt took place and we were evacuated during some kind of threat at the palace.

We did stay at a cool castle on Hayden's Wall. I think it was called Langley Castle

D

DJ

Carry on and give a high salute from us; "Colonials".:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Heading back home to Canada today guys and gals so please start the clean up !!!!:D