1997 Four Winns Deck Rot

chasthompson

Recruit
I purchased a 1997 Four Winns 200 Horizon. Great boat in great shape for the age. However, after minor weakness around the floor well opening, I just fell through this past weekend. Observations without pulling the carpet back shows rot around the edges such that the opening split opening it too wide to support the door cover. My question is that I can't find any on line specs for how the Four Winns floor is assembled and how much is wood. Is this a job I can repair myself as I am having a tough time locating someone that can identify a qualified person to do boat flooring.

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1997 Four Winns Deck Rot

Go down to the "Restorations" section of this forum, and you'll find many, many threads on fixing floors and what's below them. Unfortunately, you'll probably find out that the stringers- the main support beams for the hull and floors, are rotted also, plus a fair chance that the wood in the transom is also rotten to some degree. The good news is that the work required to fix the problem is pretty easy for even fairly handy people. Good Luck!!