Water Pressure Gauge Stuck

fishersman

Recruit
I have a 90hp 2 stroke Mercury. Last year, the water pressure gauge got stuck. It doesn't zero out when the motor is off. While running, it still shows pressure, it just doesn't go back to zero. Yesterday I had some time and thought maybe there was water in the line leaving a constant pressure in the tube. Sure enough, I was able to blow some out. The gauge tho did not go back to zero. Is there a way to reset the needle or do I just need to get a new one? Thanks.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water Pressure Gauge Stuck

A little bit of water in the line is normal. Water pressure compresses the air in the line which makes the gauge work. I assume you blew air "backwards" through the line (from the gauge to the engine). If you disconnected the line at the gauge and the needle stayed above zero, then the gauge is probably toast.

fishersman

Recruit
Re: Water Pressure Gauge Stuck

Yes, disconnected line on both ends and blew back towrds the engine. Just a little water came out. With the line disconnected, it still read pressure. It still works, I just have a different zero point now I guess. It bugs me and I'll replace it tho. I just thought maybe there was some way to zero it out.