95 evinrude 30 hp. missing prob.

fishbru

Cadet
Hello all, I have a 95 evinrude 30 that has a missing issue. It doesn't do it all the time though the first run of the day it runs like a champ. it starts doing it 2nd or 3rd run of the day and it doesn't seem to matter what rpm its at when it does it. I cant tell if its electric or gas issue. i bought the boat last year, changed the gas tank and spark plugs and still did it. I mix the gas 65 to 1. checked the plugs the other day. they both look good. it has electronic ignition. any good two stroke mechanics out there. please help thx

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 95 evinrude 30 hp. missing prob.

First off, you need to run a 50:1 fuel/oil ratio.
I would suggest that you use an inductive timing light when the problem occours to check spark on each cylinder. Have you checked the compression? Do you know when the carbs where overhauled last? If it is only doing it when it is warm, I would wounder about the ign system.

fishbru

Cadet
Re: 95 evinrude 30 hp. missing prob.

thanks for your help, I don't know when the carb was overhauled last. looks like it's never been done. I have no way to check compression or spark. sounds like i need to take it to a shop to get looked it. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but this is out of my league.