1960 14' Glasstron with 40HP evinrude

kingloser

Recruit
Ok im completely new here and i am sorry if this is in the wrong area or out of line. if there are any problems let me know and ill take it down. thanks in advance.

Ok, anywho i have recently aquired said boat. I fixed up a few issues and it runs good and doesnt take on water. The only issue is that the fiberglassing on the floor is coming off the boards. However the boards are still solid. I have almost no boat experience and i have no choice but to sell this boat. Im not asking to sell it here or for someone to buy it from here. I have had a guy offer me $800 and i would just like to know opinions on whether it is fair or a low ball offer. NOt having much boat experience it seems a little low to me cuz i do have a trailer that goes with it which besides needing new tires soon has no other issues (besides being an ugly shade of green). I have kinda looked on my local craigslist and see alot of 14' aluminums with smaller motors going in the low 1000-1400 range. which to me would make mine at least worth that. Just hoping to get some opinions.

Once again if this is out of line or against the policy please let me know and i will delete.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1960 14' Glasstron with 40HP evinrude

The floor coming loose is not good. There very likely could be other structual issues.
A fiberglass boat thats coming apart could require major painstaking repairs.
the framing under the floor also is the form for the bottom.
Could turn out to be a light repair or could involve the bottom and the transom.
The value really depends on those buying and their preferences.
If your making money sell.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1960 14' Glasstron with 40HP evinrude

The floor coming loose is definitely a devaluator. HOWEVER: BEFORE you sell the boat go over to classicglastron.com and look up your boat. Some of the rare early Glastrons have some real value to them for collectors and restorers. This is a case where it may pay to do some research!

The 1960 40 HP 'Rude is probably worth around a couple of hunderd--not more--by itself.