Seafoam, now have issues.

Cudos

Seaman
I think I know whats going on but wanted some other thoughts. 1986 ER 120, was running good at top end and and low speeds. I had a problem with 1/2 - 3/4 throttle and stalling. I added a can of seafoam to a full tank of gas. Motor had been fogged and I had the same plugs in there when I added the seafoam. Took her out and bombed around and operated as usual.

It was on the 2nd outing a week later that it now spits and cuts out at full throttle. If you back off to 3/4 throttle it runs fine. I wonder if the seafoam has loosened some crap and plugged a jet. I'm going to replace the plugs next weekend to see if that helps. I'm still on the same tank of gas that had the seafoam in it. The gas also had a stabilizer in it from the winter so I'm going top it up with fresh stuff.

Anyone else ever noticed issues after using seafoam?

Thanks

D

DJ

Re: Seafoam, now have issues.

That's a LOT of Sea Foam to dump in. You effectively, did a decarb.

That can be hard on plugs. However, you may have knocked some junk loose. If you have a fuel filter, change that first.

emoney

Commander

I seafom with a max of 1 gal and usually use a separate tank, going forward it's something to think about. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up a carb rebuild kit and go through 'em, because it may have needed that to start with. I'd definitely drain that fuel out and put some fresh in there.

Cudos

Seaman

Thanks guys, I will start with fresh fuel, new plugs and fuel filter, however I cannot for the life of me find a part number for the fuel filter, in fact I can't even see a picture of one?? any ideas, I'm sure this 86 120 looper has one.

Thanks