Nissan 18HP

Tony raines

Recruit
Can anyone tell me if there are carburetor options available for a Nissan 18 to get more power out of my outboard. I've heard that a lot of outboard blocks are identical within a certain class of HP ratings and the carbs are varied for the different HP ratings.

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Nissan 18HP

Probably not. The 18 was the big brother of the 9.9/15/18 family, and is already maxed out. That is true of the old 2-strokes, as well as the 4-strokes.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Being the 18 horse already at the max, you need more power for : better hole shot, better top speed ?

Happy Boating

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Can anyone tell me if there are carburetor options available for a Nissan 18 to get more power out of my outboard. I've heard that a lot of outboard blocks are identical within a certain class of HP ratings and the carbs are varied for the different HP ratings.

Nope

Tony raines

Recruit

Probably not. The 18 was the big brother of the 9.9/15/18 family, and is already maxed out. That is true of the old 2-strokes, as well as the 4-strokes.

Thanks for the reply, I had a feeling that was the case. The motor doesn't seem to reach it's peak rpm for power when I carry a fishing partner in my 16 ft boat. I think I'll try taking one inch out of the prop pitch.

Tony raines

Recruit

Thanks for the reply, my motor doesn't seem to reach its peek rpm for power when I carry a fishing buddy in my 16' boat. I'm going to try one inch less pitch on the prop. It currently has a 9.25 x 9 and I just ordered an 8.